Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here I come 2009!


So with all of it's ups and downs, 2008 has come and gone. The downs were definitely low. Lower than I could have ever expected. But the ups were heavenly and life altering. It's hard to believe just how much happened this year. The last 365 days handed me a huge learning experience. So much happened that I never could have expected. Rob and I have been through a lot this year, a lot that most people don't even know about. I used to worry so much about my marriage. Not that it wouldn't work...but just a general worry. Like I was in constant fear of what tomorrow would bring. Now I'm not afraid. I'm not full of worry all the time. That worry used to cripple me before and hold me back from things I wanted to do and say. I was not happy with who I was back then.
Today, on December 31, 2008 I can proudly say I am the person I want to be. There's always room for growth, change and improvement but that's what makes me so excited for each new day now. Life is amazing and I take each day for what it really is. It's a gift. I feel stronger, more open, and more thankful.
I know a lot of my blog has been about running and marathon training, but that really is a huge part of my life. It's my meditation time, my growth time, my reflection time. It renews my energy, helps me set goals, makes me feel Strong, and fosters a better bond in my marraige. There are not a lot of things in this life that I feel like I was made to do..but running is definitely something that I feel called to. I'm so excited for upcoming race in less than two weeks. It will be the biggest running challenge I've ever had. It's a great way to start off 2009. I know throughout the whole thing, when I need an extra push, I'll think of how much I grew this year. There were immense growing pains and times that I wanted to just quit, but I never did. I proved a lot to myself this year and I intend to keep going! Welcome 2009!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said girl!

We should seriously recommend running marathons between husbands and wives as couples therapy! haha.