Sunday, December 7, 2008

31 More Days....


I can hardly believe it, but I'll be running my first marathon in just 31 days. Wow - just typing that sentence makes my heart beat a little faster. My husband and I have been training for the 26.2 mile run since August. I've been a runner for about 3 years and have completed many races including a half marathon but this will be my first full marathon. My husband is amazing and actually just started running in August. His progress has absolutely floored me. He could barely run 5k when we first started and just the other weekend we finished an 18 mile run together. He's the man!! I'm so happy to have a training partner like him. It's a huge bonding experience for us and I highly recommend training for a challenging activity if you want to make your marriage stronger....it works wonders!

When we signed up for the race it felt like we had so much time to prepare. And I guess we did. After all for those first few months I felt like my life was working, running, running and more running. But now with only 31 days left...yikes!! For the next month I plan on being DEDICATED beyond belief to this goal. I've wanted to do this for years and while I'm staying positive, I'll admit there are definitely days when I am so afraid of failing. I really believe that 80% of running is mental not physical..especially long distances. Your mind needs to be focused and determined to tell your body that it can, in fact, do this. I need to keep up the good thoughts and envision crossing that finish line like a rock star! I'll be posting a lot in the next 31 days so please keep up with my progress. Any tips or words of encouragement would mean the world to me!

2 comments:

life in a positive direction said...

I'm so proud of y'all!!! We figured out how to do the voice-overs to music. Give up the playlists and we'll make it happen. LOVE YA!!!

Unknown said...

You guys are rockstars! I can't wait to hear all about your "finishing line" moment..it's one that can't be described. It's awesome! Almost there! Remember to TAPER!